Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Week In My Life – Monday

on October 10, 2011

Last year I read about a week in the life of Melissa over at Adventuroo. I was in awe of her ability to take on such a project. I loved the idea so much and thought how great it would be to tackle it myself someday. Well, it turns out that she is doing it again and invited others to do the same and link up with their posts on her blog. I decided to jump in to the project before I felt overwhelmed by it. I may not do every single day this week, but I will do my best. I am not getting fancy with my pictures. I am setting my Nikon to Auto, not worrying about editing them too much and just trying to show life as it happens.


Monday. Oh, this day kicked my ass to be quite honest. It all started at 1:30am when Cole woke up for a feeding. He was sleeping until 4ish in the morning for a while and the past couple nights that has stopped. He has gone back to waking multiple times at night to eat. It takes about an hour to feed him, get him back to sleep and then get myself back to sleep. After the 1:30 feeding I was up again at around 4:30am and again around 7:30am. At 7:30 I just pulled him out of his travel crib that is next to our bed and laid him next to me to nurse and then I dozed in and out of sleep until Ian came into the room. Ian got sick over the weekend and we had already decided to keep him home from preschool today. So, I was able to lounge in bed with the boys for a while before we got up for the day. We finally dragged ourselves downstairs around 8:30ish.

Cole hangs in the pack n' play while I get Ian's breakfast and mine ready

Ian is all about eating bagels. He would eat them everyday if we would let him.

I love this machine. When it works properly.

I can't believe I am actually putting a photo of morning me on the internet. It's all in the name of reality.

After we have had a chance to wake up and watch a little morning TV, it is time to get ready for the day. Now, if I wasn’t on maternity leave and Ian was going to school in the morning, this sequence would be completely different. The lounging around wouldn’t be happening and we would have been dressed and ready before coming downstairs.

I was lucky today and was able to take a shower while Cole hung out in his swing and Ian watched a television show in our bedroom. After showering I had to get some things done around the house.

Putting away the clean dishes from dinner the night before. I love how Ian has to smile for the camera.


After chores and lunch we had a little bit of time before I had to get the boys off to the Doctor. Cole had his 2 month well check today and Ian was getting seen for his illness, which turns out to be the hand, foot and mouth virus (yuck!).

Ready to roll

Driving (we weren't moving)


After the Doctor we had to run to the drugstore and then finally got home again. Going out with two kids alone is exhausting. When we finally got home, we saw Jack for about 5 minutes before he left to go play tennis. Shortly after he left all hell broke loose in the house. Cole started screaming and was a generally unhappy camper because of the shots he got at the Doctor. Ian has ulcers all in his mouth from the virus he has and they are so painful he can’t eat. So, I had two crying kids and no patience left. I didn’t get to eat dinner myself until 9pm tonight. Ian didn’t eat anything and poor Cole has been crying on and off.

I have plans to capture the afternoon and evening tomorrow, so hopefully it isn’t like tonight…



4 responses to “Week In My Life – Monday

  1. gabrielle says:

    I’m exhausted just reading this. I hope today was less stressful and that Ian is feeling better!

  2. Sarah says:

    So sorry. Hope today was better. Poor boys and poor mama!

  3. I’m jealous of your Keurig but NOT of how many times you had to get up. Poor thing! And your evening sounds like it was tough. Hang in there and I hope today is easier!

  4. Alissa says:

    I’m jealous of your coffee machine.

    Hope your little guy feels better soon. My guy had hand, foot, mouth last year. No fun.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: